Fiscal Year 2022 Budget
The 2022 Budget was adopted by the Village Board on Monday, December 6, 2021, in the amount of $5,171,970 in the General Fund. Summary of documents for the adopted budget are available below:
- December 6th - Village Board of Trustees Meeting
- November 16th - Village Board Budget Workshop
- November 8th - Finance & Personnel Committee Meeting
- September 14th - Finance & Personnel Committee Meeting
- August 2nd - Village Board of Trustees Meeting
2022 Budget Process Timeline
- June - July: Department Head staff make capital project requests and recommended adjustments to the Financial Management Plan (FMP) to the Village Administrator.
- July - August: Administrator reviews Department Head adjustments / requests and submits draft updates to Financial Advisor.
- August: Financial Advisor drafts updated FMP.
- September 14th: Finance Committee reviews draft of updated FMP and makes a recommendation to the Board.
- September 20th: Village Board review and approval of updated FMP as recommended by Finance Committee.
- September 21st - October 22nd: Department Heads draft individual budgets and have them reviewed by respective committees
- October 22nd: Department budgets due to Finance Director
- November 1 - 4th: Village Administrator reviews the draft budget and makes recommendations to Finance Committee.
- November 5th: Village President reviews draft budget with Administrator
- November 8th: Finance Committee review draft budget and recommendation of preliminary budget for the Village Board Workshop
- November 12th: Preliminary budget sent to the Village Board for review prior to Budget Workshop
- November 16th: Village Board Workshop (5:30 p.m)
- November 17th: summary of preliminary 2022 budget sent to WSJ for publication on November 20th (15 day notice of budget public hearing).
- December 6th : Budget public hearing and adoption (final approval)
- December 20th : Deadline for tax bills to be mailed