The Tourism Commission advises the Village Board on matters concerning the purpose of administering the Village's room tax revenues. The Commission shall exercise the powers and perform the duties granted in Wis. Stats. s 66.0615.
- Receiving not less than 70% of the room tax collected by the Village per Village Cose, and authorizing the expenditure of those funds for the purpose of "tourism promotion" and "tourism development".
- Reporting any inaccuracies or delinquencies of room taxes to the Village Board.
- Contracting with a "tourism entity", with preference given to a local entity such as the Cottage Grove Chamber of Commerce.
- Providing an annual report to the Village Board documenting the purposes for which the room tax was spent.
The Commission shall consist of five members, to be appointed by the Village President and confirmed by a majority vote of the Village Board of Trustees. The Commission shall comprise two Trustees, one representative of the Wisconsin hotel/motel industry, and two at-large members. Commissioners shall serve a one-year term and may be reappointed.
- Brittany Ballweg - Board Member (Chair)
- John Williams - Village President
- Britt Leach - Executive Director Chamber of Commerce
- Ander Victorine
- Erik Braun
- Erin Ruth - Director of Planning and Development
- JJ Larson - Deputy Administrator / Public Works & Utilities Director
- Gabe Altenbernd - Communications Manager
- Brenda Engelman
- Carl Anton
The Commission shall establish a regular monthly meeting time. The Chairperson shall determine the need for a meeting any given month based on the workflow and duties of the Commission.