The Ad Hoc Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee advises the Village Board on DEI-related topics.
The mission of the Ad Hoc Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee is to provide insight, feedback, and actionable next steps that promote access and opportunity for all people to achieve a prosperous community.
- Review and provide feedback on Village practices, policies, procedures, objectives, and goals related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Identify ways to encourage all elected officials, citizen appointees, staff, and community members to learn about diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Promote the engagement of all voices of the community.
- Identify initiatives for how the VIllage can work towards demonstrating and reflecting these values within our community.
- Sarah Valencia - Board Member (Chair)
- Lt. Matthew Wagner - Police Department Representative
- Trista Taylor - Staff Representative
- Andrew Litt
- Danyelle Wright
- Justin Neal
- Mikayla Krueger
- Matt Giese - Village Administrator
- JJ Larson - Deputy Administrator / Director of Public Works & Utilities
- Gabe Altenbernd - Communications Manager
The Committee meets as needed.