Water & Sewer Utility Customer Service

Initiating / Cancelling Service

Customers need to contact the Utility Clerk at (608) 839-5813 to start, transfer or cancel utility services with the Cottage Grove Water & Sewer Utility. 
  • New Property Owners - Call (608) 839-5813 to confirm that we have received the correct information from the Title Company.
  • Tenants and/or Landlords - Call (608) 839-5813 to begin or end service and provide correct billing information. When beginning or ending service, please contact us at least 3 days in advance.  

Change of Address

Please contact the Utility Clerk at (608) 839-5813 for any changes in the billing address. If you are a winter vacationer and would like your bills to be delivered to your vacation address, please contact the Utility Clerk. 

Payment of Utility Bills

Payment of your utility bill can be done in person, by mail, in the 24-hour drop box (210 Progress Drive) or online. If paying online, it is recommended to schedule your payment 3-5 business days prior to the due date to ensure that it is properly applied to your bill and no late charges are incurred. When paying online, please note that your utility account number should be entered without the period (ex: Account 1234.56 should be entered as 123456).To access online utility bill pay, please click here

New Lawn Credit

All new construction homes are eligible for a one-time only New Lawn Credit of $50. To receive the credit, new homeowners must complete a New Lawn Credit Application and submit it via email to kkrause@villageofcottagegrove.gov or by dropping off/mailing to:
Cottage Grove Water & Sewer Utility
210 Progress Drive Ste 2
Cottage Grove, WI 53527

Leak Credit Policy and Leak Credit Application


The Village of Cottage Grove Leak Credit Policy is intended to address high use utility bills caused by water pipe breaks or failures. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that all plumbing, fixtures, and appliances in their building are maintained in sufficient operating condition. It is not the intent of this policy to issue credits for failures resulting from lack of maintenance.

All water that passes through the water meter must be paid for, therefore leak credits will only be considered on the sewer use portion of the utility bill.

Adjustments must be requested within ten (10) working days of receipt of the second high bill. Requests made after this time period will not be eligible for credit.

Please click here to view the entire Leak Credit Policy and click here for a Leak Credit Application. Applications can be submitted via email to jlarson@villageofcottagegrove.gov, in person, or via mail to:

Cottage Grove Public Works & Utilities
210 Progress Dr. Suite 2
Cottage Grove, WI 53527

Current Water & Sewer Rates

The current water and sewer rates can be found here. Any questions can be directed to the Utility Clerk at (608) 839-5813.

Related Resources 

Thank you for your assistance in keeping your water billing records current.