Waste Management (formerly known as Advanced Disposal Services) collects the garbage and recycling for the Village of Cottage Grove. Both garbage and recycling are collected using an automated system. Waste Management provides garbage and recycling carts in three different sizes including: 32 gallon, 64 gallon and 96 gallon.
- The Contractor may charge residents for cart size changes, after the first size change request.
- Residents may dispose of one large item (not in a trash bag) outside of the cart each week at no additional charge to the Village or the resident (this must be scheduled in advance by calling Waste Management at 1-888-960-0008 for a large item pick-up).
- Appliance collection is included at no extra charge and will be offered on-call.
- Oil in 1 gallon screw cap containers will be accepted each recycling week.
- Automotive batteries with unbroken cases will be collected each recycling week.
- Tires, off the rim-2 per recycling week, with a limit of 8 per year will be collected on recycling weeks.
Waste Collection & Recycling Guidelines
Refuse & Recycling Collection Schedule (by street name)
For garbage and recycling questions/concerns, please contact Waste Management at 1-888-960-0008.