All about the holidays! Learn how to create address labels on the computer for your greeting cards, make entertaining holiday appetizers and get your workout in during the holidays with pop-up fitness classes! Don’t forget about the kids – get them active this winter with the ski/snowboard trips and basketball!
- Basketball Open Gym Supervisor: $10/hr - Open Gym is from 6:30-9:30pm at GDS on Wednesdays, Jan 2-March 13 (no 1/30). Ages 18+. Please email Brooke if you’re interested and for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Basketball Referees: Looking for knowledgeable adults 18+ to referee 3rd-8th grade games on Saturdays. $25/game. Games are Jan 5-March 2. Please email Brooke if you’re interested and for more information at email@example.com
- Holiday POP UP Fitness Classes: All classes located at 210 Progress Dr.
- Holiday Bootcamp (M/W/F)
- 5:30-6:15 a.m. on December 17, 19, 26 & 28
- $20 with Shelly ($7 drop-in)
- Holiday Shape Up (T/Th)
- 5:30-6:15 a.m. on December 18, 20 & 27
- $15 with Jill ($7 drop-in)
- NEW! Holiday Address Labels – Computer Class: Learn how to create your own custom-made address labels for your stack of holiday greeting cards! Thurs, Dec 6 from 6-8pm at 210 Progress Dr. $40; includes 60 blank address labels to take home. Computers will be provided. Instructor is Amy Guenthner, A.G. Software Trainer.
- Cooking Class “Holiday Entertaining Appetizers”: Create delicious and unique apps and beverages this holiday season. Discover how to wow with flatbread, brie, delicious dips and flaming cheese. Sip, Create, and Savor! Tues, Dec 11 from 6:00-8:00 p.m. at 4548 Falcon Ct. (cook’s kitchen). Taught by Claire Doelger. $30 *Limited space available. Registration Deadline: Dec 4
- Rookie Basketball (K-1st Grade): Saturdays, 1/5-2/16 at Cottage Grove Gym. Kindergarten is at 8:30-9:30 a.m. and 1st grade is at 9:45-10:45 a.m. $50 Village Resident or $70 Non-Resident. Registration Deadline: Dec 9.
- 2nd Grade Basketball: Wednesdays, 1/2-2/20 evenings at Taylor Prairie Gym. $50 Village Resident or $70 Non-Resident. 25 Min of drills and skills followed by teams playing 3 on 3 games against other teams. Volunteer coaches needed. Registration Deadline: Dec 9.
- Start Smart Basketball Winter: Thursdays, Jan 3-Feb 28 at Taylor Prairie Gym. Sess 1 is at 6:00-6:45 p.m. and Sess 2 is at 7:00-7:45 p.m. Ages 4-5 with parent/guardian. Registration Deadline: Dec 23
- DAY OFF School – Ski/Snowboard Trip! Join our ski/snowboard trip on Mon, Jan 21 from 8:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m. at Cascade Mountain! Grades 5-9. Registration Deadline: Jan 13
- 2019 Ski/Snowboard Club: First club night is Friday, January 11 at Cascade Mountain. Bus leaves GDS at 3:30 p.m. and return at 10:15 p.m. Grades 5-8.
- Drama Club: Begins January 7 and rehearsal days are Thursdays and beginning in Feb they will be Mon & Thurs through April 11 from 3:40-5:10 p.m. at GDS. Maximum 30 kids – sign up soon! Registration Deadline: Jan 2
GREAT ideas for Christmas presents below!! Instead of toys, give them memories by signing them up for a class – including adults! Find more info at www.village.cottage-grove.wi.us
- Ski/Snowboard Trips: Jan-Feb (kids)
- Glass Fusing Class: Jan (kids)
- GDS Drama Club: Jan-April (kids)
- Cooking Class “10 meals at a Time”: Jan (adults)
- Paint & Sip “Message in the Sand”: Feb (fun Valentine’s outing for adults)
To register for programs online, click HERE.
Please contact the Village of Cottage Grove Parks and Recreation Department at 608-839-8968 with any questions.