Village of Cottage Grove Parks & Recreation Department
July 2018 Newsletter
Who likes Packers Family Nights, Free Art Projects, Discounted Tickets to Summer Attractions, and Paint & Sips? Secure your spot! Many programs below begin July 9th – fitness classes, playground camp, adult golf lessons, start smart golf & youth tennis lessons.
- PACKERS Family Night Tickets Available! Sat, Aug 4 at Lambeau Field in Green Bay. We have limited tickets available for $10/each (cash or check only & 10 ticket limit per person). Watch the packers practice & stay for the firework show after. For tickets, call 839-8968 or stop by the Parks & Rec office. Ticket requests must be paid for within 2 days of request. You’ll receive the actual tickets in July.
- MMoCA’s Art Cart EXTRA! Saturday, July 14 from 2:00-4:00 pm at Northlawn Park. Free outdoor program with expert instruction and relaxed attitude to art projects. No pre-registration required; families are invited to drop-in.
- Re-CLAY-ation Sunday Fundraiser! Sun, July 29 with registration beginning at 9:30 am. Get a group of 2 or 4 and join us at Milford Hills Hunt Club with ten stations, cookout, raffle tickets and 50/50 all included! 18 yrs & Up.
- Music In The Grove: Mark your calendars for July 19 – Grey & Casey and July 26 – Rusty Hearts at Dublin Park. Follow the Music In the Grove Facebook page to see the summer line up!
- Summer Discount Tickets! All summer long we sell summer discount tickets to area attractions (Six Flags, Milwaukee Zoo, Noah’s Ark, Mt. Olympus, Dells Ducks, etc) for a reduced price! Please purchase them at the P&R Office (210 Progress Dr.). Cash or check only.
- 4-week sessions of Fitness Classes begin next week!
- P90X on M/W/F* from 5:30-6:15 am (begins July 9)
- Cardio/Strength/Core on T/Th from 5:30-6:15 am (begins July 10)
- Boot Camp on Fridays from *6:15-7:00 am (begins July 13)
- Zumba on Saturdays from 9:00-10:00 am (begins July 14)
- Strength & Abs to Tighten & Tone on M/W from 5:30-6:15 pm (begins July 9)
- Circuit Training on Mondays from 6:30-7:30 pm (Aug 6-17)
- Small Group Golf Lessons @ The Oaks: Level 1 or 2 on Monday or Wednesday evenings. Please register in advance. First summer class begins July 9.
- Paint & Sip – Flip Flops in the Sand: Thursday, August 23 from 6:00-8:30 pm at 1855 Saloon and Grill (218 S Main St, Cottage Grove). $35. Limited space available - Make sure to reserve your spot!
- Start Smart Golf: Ages 4-6 with parent/babysitter/caregiver. Mon-Thur 7/9-7/19 from 10:00-10:45 am. Located at Glacial Drumlin. Please register by July 5!
- Youth Tennis Lessons: Ages 5-14 (separate age sessions). Session 2 begins on July 9! Please find more information on our website. Registration deadline is July 5.
- Playground Camp: K-5th Grades. Session 2 begins July 9! 7/9-8/3 on Mon-Fri from 1:00-4:00 pm. Pick either 2 days a week or come for the whole 5 days! Camp is held at Northlawn Park Shelter. Field trips, Zoozort (July 18) and Magic Show planned! Please check the website for more information.
Please contact the Village of Cottage Grove Parks and Recreation Department at 608-839-8968 with any questions.
Have a great 4th of July!